So its been a whole week and what a weeks its been. I'l start last Thursday. As usual I was sat comfortably and ready to watch what ever more than facinating film Micheal had picked out for us, we where given a chocie between Jaws and Network, the class being more framiliar with Jaws it was an obvious choice. Micheal is like a liquid centre of film knowledge. He explained to us how Jaws changed the face of film marketing, that in the 70's films where opened to big citys and then they moved down the ranks to smaller cities and then suburbs and then to the country. But Jaws changed this it would open many places on the same day. He explained more about Steven Spielberg and how such a young director turned a very boring book into one of the most viewed movies of all time and how his marketing strategies changed how films where circuted. It was great I love learning things like that. So we got to the dvd to everyones horror wasnt in the box...So we all had to watch Network. Id never heard of it before ever but yet again its one of the best films ive seen. Its got a great line that Howard Beale says "I'm mad as hell and im not going to take this anymore!" he gets the american public to scream it out of their windows. Its a great great film. Its relevent to our times. Id recomened it to everyone. GET MAD.
So to Firday and I have my class with Sorcha. We learned about the railway time and travel. It was another great class. She explained how the invention of rail lead to the effciency of time. IT just opened up so much that i didnt know about time and that because trains developed timetables and things like that, that time had to be more effcient, like dublin was once a half hour before london because people relyed on the position of the sun, and because of the rail becoming so promenent the travel industry boomed and thomas cook used to take people on package rail holidays to Italy and places like that. We watched a very long but interesting film then called "Man With A Movie Camera" it was made in 1929 and its all about time. It was very fascinating but it could of been at least 20 minutes shorter. I am loving my academic classes. Its just I always learn something so new and amazing. Its great :)
To this week. This week has been very very hard! All week Ive been busting my but trying to get the sneak and sidestep to click in my head. It did but I know I could of done alot better if I had coped it like last Thursday or something, but I did my very very best. Wednesday and Thursday i went to college at 10 and didnt go home untill 9 at night. Those days where marathons but I needed to get it done. I basically inbetweened and tried to make things work. I like my sneaks feet the best, I think i got them ok. Im not expecting a great grade or anything like that im just so happy i finished it and that it looks like a sneak and a sidestep. But its safe to say if i never see Ron Stoppable again id be very happy. I spent most of Wednesday night doing my reference material and I piled it into a green folder and clipped some of my earlier cycles to the back its worth 20% so I tried hard with it. Everyone in the class has been so helpful to me asking me if im ok and things but Neel more so. He's been so great with all my questions and helping me see things and getting my stuff up on the server. He's the best. Both cycles i had to put on quick time. The sneak was about 36 or more drawings and same with the sidestep. It was a long hard road but i go there. I cant wait to get my result and my feedback next week. Also on Wednesday my Mom and Dad ordered me a lightbox!!!!!!!!! I am SO EXCITED! I'm gonna try do some simple stuff like pendulums and birds and things like that when i get it. I really cant wait, i get it in about a week. Its an early birthday present. I cant wait to get our new brief and see whats next for me to learn. :D x
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This clip is the start from The Effort lp.I always wanted to know which movie this was from.Thanks Claire
ReplyDelete